Wednesday, January 19, 2011

21 again, again, again again... and again.

Quick post about being 21.

Last night Chris and I headed to a Hollywood bar (which closely resembled the vampire lair in the Lost Boys) to celebrate Justin's 21st birthday. Surprisingly to an old person like me, Justin isn't the last one to turn 21 either. As I was sitting there sipping my beer and watching Justin FREAK out and fall all over himself saying the most ridiculous things, I realized it's been awhile since I've seen or been a part of someone turning 21. All of my friends have been 21 for a bit. In fact some of us continually pretend we're 21 again. And again. And again... I'm on my fourth again and come 9 months from now I'll be on the fifth again.

Because I'll be 26. It'll be nice if by this birthday I have a job that cracks 20 thou a year (depressing as it is) and an apartment that might have a bedroom but most importantly has NO roaches.

While it was fun you could tell most of the crowd that came later to this shindig had been 21 for quite awhile. Justin even mentioned that the "cool" people had left the area to sit away from him and the "losers," more affectionately known as us, had stayed. Well the losers are old. And the young ones are hip. This is what happens when you work 8-5 kids. Luckily for Justin however, he doesn't need to make a living, "Workings for people who need to live. I don't live, I'm a pokemon."

No comments:

Post a Comment