Monday, November 15, 2010

Really Los Angeles? Really?

So I've been trying to make friends with Los Angeles. Really, I have. I am terribly homesick, I miss my real friends, and all I want to do is pack up my crap and move home. However I haven't thrown in the towel yet. This is the first time I've moved away from home and I get to live with my boyfriend. And screw you Los Angeles I'm no quitter damn it. Talk to my pelvis and your understand. I've even had some fun here to be honest. We went to the Los Angeles Zoo yesterday (doesn't hold a candle to Brookfield or Lincoln Park... The animals all looked sad... like the people) but we frolicked and looked at the crazy animals. It was a good day and it was a pleasant 75 degrees outside in November.

Then Los Angeles kicked me in the non-existent balls this morning. I called in sick because the food we ate last night punched me in the stomach and I was still feeling awful. After I made the call and got ready to have a sleep in Chris and I heard a huge gurgling sound from our sink. Then we heard a splashing noises and ran into our kitchen to find the sink overflowing with gray water. WHAT THE FUCK. As Chris was standing in utter shock I grabbed all of our towels and tried to staunch the flow away from our wood floors. As Chris ran upstairs to try and find our new landlady (the other got fired) I tried to call the numbers we had for our management. I'm pretty sure I scared alot of people because I was really pissed and still am. I think this might get us out of our lease and I'm going to try my damnedest to leave. UGH. I don't understand why Los Angeles has to suck this much.

Is every "official" moving away experience supposed to be like this? Full of shitty apartments with roaches and overflowing sinks? Are you supposed to miss your friends this much? BLARGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment